
I was at my in-laws the other day and was watching the Olympics with them and it was mentioned that one of the springboard divers has a hearing loss. I wasn't really paying attention to this part of the Olympics but thought "what the heck" and decided to check it out. I can honestly say I have become a new fan of the divers. Chris Colwell is an amazing diver but I haven't really been able to find much about him on the web. Tonight I finally found a bio on the Olympic page and he has a 60% loss and has had hearing aids since he was 4... What I have been able to find is so great b/c he doesn't define himself as having a hearing loss, you will actually be hard pressed to find any publications stating that. It is just so awesome to see him out there showing the world no matter if you have a hearing loss, the only thing you can't do like others is hear like them.. Keep up the good work Chris!!! We are cheering for you here in Indiana :)
1 comment:
Wow- thanks for sharing that! We were watching the diving competition last night and didn't know he had a hearing loss. Very cool! I think we'll watch a little more diving from now on, too!
Post a Comment