So I'm getting things together to go to the AG Bell Convention in a couple weeks. Our family is so excited and can't wait to get out of our town for a little while. We applied for their Family Scholarship and got it. It pays for our registration, hotel stay and tickets to one of the evening family events. So the only thing we have to pay for is our gas to get there and food to eat. This was a totally blessing in disguise b/c I told the family we were going to go and then when we got the price of everything it was going to cost $2000.00 for all of us to go. I am excited for Bret and Robbie to go and see older kids with hearing loss and other families who have chosen spoken language. I have talked to quite a few people who have gone before and they have loved it so I am sure we will have a good time also. Plus I can't wait to hear some of the topics. I am interested in advocacy and playing sports w/amplification. Evan is going to turn five in a couple months and then he will be old enough to play sports and I can't wait to see what has worked for other families..
Oh how it excited are we!!!
2 comments:
I'm so jealous, never been and couldn't afford to either I'm sure...but that's great that you guys got most of the cost covered.
Be sure to report what you learned, I'm curious as to what all you'll do...sounds exciting
I just saw your blog for the first time after looking at deafvillage.com (what a GREAT site!) We are new to the deaf/hoh community (our 3 month old was born with profound hearing loss in both ears). We have family in WI and go camping up there every year so this year I planned our trip around the convention! I can't wait. I still need to research where it's at, the different activities etc. but we'll be there early Thursday and all day Friday. That's great you all got a family scholarship! I know it will be crazy with people, but who knows, maybe we'll meet! Have a safe trip!
Post a Comment