Thursday, June 26, 2008
Fun times already
Well we made it to Milwaukee tonight around 7pm there time. (they are an hour behind us).. We spent last night at the Great Wolf Lodge in the Dells and that was just a blast and the boys are tired tonight from swimming almost 5 hours straight. We left the Dells around 4pm so it took us a little longer to get to our hotel in Milwaukee b/c we missed a turn and kind of got lost but just thankful I wasn't the one driving, hubby does better under pressure like that than I do. The room in the hotels are alot smaller than what the Lodge was but I am sure not complaining. We were fortunate enough to receive the Family Scholarship to come to this conference. We went to Applebee's for dinner and already have seen 3 families that have children or adults with cochlear implants, Robbie was pointing them out. I can't wait for them to see the kids tomorrow when the conference starts. I know that the DBC is also having their conference not to far from AG Bell and I also heard they are protesting. I think that is crazy but I really don't get into that controversy. We have made our choice concerning communication for what works for our family any nobody else. So you can tell me all of your statics and all your research and we will graciously take it but it will not change our decision. Plus I refuse to live in the past on what happened so many years ago, when you live in the past you can not move on to the future and the future looks bright for us!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment