Friday, February 8, 2008

Hearing Aid Nightmare

Our family was awarded a $3000.00 grant last year to help pay for new hearing aids for our hard of hearing child. So we started the process at the end of December to get new ones. The hospital we are going thru knew from the beginning that we had the grant and that we would still be responsible for some of the payment. So we go thru the entire process, and if you have never been there let me just tell you it is alot of stuff to do!! Anyway 2 weeks ago I called the hospital to let them know that the grant foundation needed to be billed first and then we would set up a payment plan to pay the rest, not a problem but we can not bill you til services are rendered, meaning I could not get a bill till we went to get the hearing aids. Today is the big day we have talked this up for 2 weeks with our 4 yr old son, so excited are we. We get there and get all the instruction and get the aids then we have to head to billing to get this straightened out. Go there and they inform me unless we pay for the entire bill today we can not leave with the hearing aids. I am in the finanacing office for 1 hour trying to explain to them what is going on and they are treating me like I am the poorest person on the earth so finally after dealing with them for so long they said "either pay this or give the hearing aids back". So I have to walk my child back across the entire hospital to get to the audiologist office to give them back and he has cried for the last 2 hours on "why he can't keep his new ears"? So now our family had to put $4673.00 on our credit card to get the new aids shipped to us and nobody in this whole mess thinks that is wrong. I took care of this I wanted to make sure this did not happen. The audiologist assured me this wouldn't happen. I am so angry I could just hit someone right now...

No comments: