We have been battling sickness in our house for the last 2 days and I decided to keep Evan home again today. He was not running a fever or anything but just didn't look good. He went back to bed and didn't get up until almost 10 a.m. So I knew he wasn't feeling good. He came to me and wanted to watch The Incredible Hulk dvd's we had. These are the originals from 1988 and I was skeptical b/c I didn't really want it to scare him. He seemed to be doing just fine and actually watched 2 episodes and then wanted to watch the extras. I turned them on and there was one called "Standing Tall". It was about an hour of information on Lou the guy who played The Hulk. It was a journey thru his experience of going for Mr. Olympia for the 2nd time and during this part he talked about growing up. Then just out of the blue he announces he has a hearing loss and has had since he was little. I never saw a hearing aid until the end of the show and I did actually see the aid itself but the tubing leading into his ear. I stopped the dvd and starting explaining to Evan that The Hulk had a hearing loss and wore hearing aids like he did. He was so excited and immediately started lifting a pan over his head so he could be just like him.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
The Incredible Hulk
We have been battling sickness in our house for the last 2 days and I decided to keep Evan home again today. He was not running a fever or anything but just didn't look good. He went back to bed and didn't get up until almost 10 a.m. So I knew he wasn't feeling good. He came to me and wanted to watch The Incredible Hulk dvd's we had. These are the originals from 1988 and I was skeptical b/c I didn't really want it to scare him. He seemed to be doing just fine and actually watched 2 episodes and then wanted to watch the extras. I turned them on and there was one called "Standing Tall". It was about an hour of information on Lou the guy who played The Hulk. It was a journey thru his experience of going for Mr. Olympia for the 2nd time and during this part he talked about growing up. Then just out of the blue he announces he has a hearing loss and has had since he was little. I never saw a hearing aid until the end of the show and I did actually see the aid itself but the tubing leading into his ear. I stopped the dvd and starting explaining to Evan that The Hulk had a hearing loss and wore hearing aids like he did. He was so excited and immediately started lifting a pan over his head so he could be just like him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Now he's going to want to paint himself green, lol! I didn't know that, either. There is an Olympic diver who is hard of hearing, and I thought that was cool!
Post a Comment