Friday, October 23, 2009

Scrabble




I surprised my hubby with a weekend getaway for our 10 year wedding anniversary last weekend. My mom found a little cottage in Northern Indiana on Craigslist and it was a much better deal than anything I could find. We always told ourselves that we would go on a cruise to celebrate this monumental event but due to the economy we had decided to not do this. So I settled for this! It was excatly what we needed. It was peaceful and quiet and not a lot to do but that is exactly how we needed it. I was concerned on if Bret would be able to do this because he is a mover and a shaker all the time and I am more of the laid back sleep in type of person. He did quite well to be honest!

On Saturday morning we went out on the front porch and played a game of scrabble. On top of realizing we are both not very smart and can't spell pass a 3-4 letter word... I got to see that my husband does know how to spell the word "deaf". Most of us women know that we do the majority of whatever it takes to make our kiddos excel and so needless to say I was quite astounded to see him spell it.

What a great weekend and here is to at least 10 years more!!

No comments: