Thursday, August 6, 2009

7th grade orientation




It is finally official!!! My baby boy in that picture is no longer a baby.. Aaaaahhhhhh!!!! Well really he hasn't been a baby for quite sometime but I guess I know must accept that fact.. We had 7th grade orientation tonight and I am really trying to figure out these feelings. I am happy and sad altogether. I remember when I thought this day was so far off and now I think college is just around the corner.

In our school district elementary school is from preschool to sixth grade and then junior high and senior high is in one school building. Neither Bret or I graduated from this district so we knew it was important to go tonight (really more for me than anyone :) We got his schedule and was able to work with his locker and meet some of his teachers. We are fortunate that we do know some of the teachers and he has been in this district since second grade so he isn't a complete newbie! He seems to be ready and really wants to get involved in the sports program but I can honestly say I AM SO NOT READY for this!! I am nervous for him. I want him to find good friends and become a strong individual and make good choices. Guess we will see if our parenting style has helped with this....

No comments: