Friday, March 20, 2009

It has been found!!!


Tuesday was my 30th birthday and my parents came out to give me my birthday present but before that the kids had been outside for almost 2 hours because we had great spring like weather. The kids came inside to see their grandparents and then it was shower time. When I was helping Evan get ready I took off his hearing aids and noticed he only had 1 FM receiver/boot on his hearing aid. Before I panicked I asked him where it was and he responded "I don't know" the greatest saying for any child or even man! :) He then proceeded to tell me that he fell down outside in the front yard and hit his ear on a rock and the receiver popped off by itself. He took me outside to show me where it fell off and I made him go inside to take a shower. I looked for about 20 minutes and found nothing and then went back inside and again asked Evan about the events of the night. He repeated what he said earlier that it fell off and then he added "and I put it with the 4 leaf clovers because it is St. Patrick's Day and that is where it belongs"... We then of course had to go over the proper procedure of what we are suppose to do with our equipment if we have issues with it.

So on Wednsesday and Thursday I spent about 2 hours looking outside on our 2 acres to see if I could find it to no aval. I called my brother and he brought down his metal detector and still we couldn't find it, I was just about to give up on it and have the school order us a new one. This of course after the school had already been notified and the cost of a replacement had been brought to our attention and BOY are they expensive little pieces. Anyway tonight Bret took the metal detector outside to try and look one more night and couldn't find anything and was getting ready to come inside when all of a sudden he comes running inside screaming "I found it" "I found it".. It was in the backyard an no where near where Evan told us it was but who cares, it was found!!

I am so happy and praying it still works!!

No comments: